Thursday, March 3, 2011

DO YOU REALY HAVE TO?

Recently I find myself pleasantly disgruntled at people telling me “they have to”. I cannot work on Saturday because I have to (insert plausible reason here). I was under the impression that life is a choice. Isn’t prison a place where you have to? I’m free, living in a “free” country. What do you really have to do?

Let’s imagine that you are pointing a gun at me, and demanding my wallet. Do I have to give it to you, or am I presented with a choice? I would challenge you to start eliminating this from your communication habits. Make it a choice and you seem so much more confident, self-directed, and responsible.

“I will not be at work on Saturday because I choose to be with my children.”

Much better,


Destry Brink

No comments:

Post a Comment