Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Keep Your Cool

Hey Stellar Fans,

From time to time we all lose control of our emotions. Allowing something to take root in your mind and control you in a negative way is a disease. Avoid it at all costs. 

High Emotion = Low Intelligence

Just today, I fell subject to this transgression. I am human, and as a human I tend to be a prideful creature. It seems so natural. In thinking over my experience I had earlier today I came to this realization……..

When another person speaks or acts out against you, it is because they are hurting inside. If this person sets in motion an act or deed that arouses your negative emotions just laugh it off. Just pretend, (and I literally mean pretend, DO NOT DO THIS) asking this person if their mother held them too much, or not enough? Then laugh about it. They are the ones hurting! Giving into their passive aggression only shows you’re weakness, not theirs.

Think of emotions like this:

Positive emotions of passion, desire, and love will propel you too the top. You cannot get to the top of any endeavor with out emotions that serve you.

Now….

Negative emotions do the exact opposite of positive ones. They will drag you down to the bottom just as fast as positive emotions take you up.

If you have found yourself already “reacting” to a situation with negative emotions, do the following…. and I know this may be hard, do it anyway.

Apologize and walk-away. It will be the smartest decision you could make. It may not feel right, and that’s fine. That is only your negative emotions not wanting to be shut up. Your negative emotions will act as a sickness that grips your entire body. They change how you think, act, make decisions and your overall level of biochemical functioning. Apologize and walk away, you are not giving another person power by apologizing but you are taking it away.

I inherently believe we are put here for achievement and success. So few people reach those things. I have learned, a contributing factor to failure is the inability to control your emotions.

Below is my actual reply to someone that had aroused my negative emotions today:

XXXXX,

I know this is getting to be a bit much. I just want to apologize. This is not the life I want to lead. I'm sorry if I ever slighted you, believe me it was not intentional. I harbor no ill feelings toward you and if you hate me, then that is your choice. 

Destry Brink

No comments:

Post a Comment